Mor’s Famous Swedish Meatballs
Total time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: Approx 75 meatballs
- 1 packet Onion Soup mix
- ¾ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup milk or soy milk
- 1 tbs Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 26 oz can of mushroom soup
- ⅔ – ¾ cup of milk (to desired consistency)
- 1-2 tsp browning liquid
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork or turkey
- 1 egg
Set broiler on high
Mix all ingredients for meatballs thoroughly.
Shape into small meatballs (about the diameter of a quarter) and place on cookie sheet.
Broil meatballs for 4-5 minutes or until browned.
Place in a large oven-safe casserole dish.
For sauce, whisk all ingredients together for a smooth consistency.
Pour over meatballs.
Heat in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.